Diverse City is looking for a Social Media Coordinator with curiosity, great ideas and bags of enthusiasm to build our online social media presence, turning buzz about our company into a movement for change.
The full job description is below, or you can download the job description in a Word Document file here: Social Media Coordinator – Job description download
The Role: Social Media Coordinator (part time)
Reports to: Executive Director, Becky Chapman
Location: Flexible, though some key meetings in Bristol
Working days/Fee: This job is task-based, not hour-based. The job is valued at £6000 per year, and roughly works out to 11 hours per week for 52 weeks of the year (£22,126 pro rata). You’ll work flexibly and remotely. So long as you complete your tasks, it’s up to you to define & agree when and how they get done. (This role has potential for future growth.)
Deadline: 6pm, Monday 28 May 2018
Interviews: Monday 4 June 2018 in Bristol
Induction and start date: ASAP
Contract term: 6 months
Diverse City is a new National Portfolio organisation led by a team of passionate optimists who believe that everyone should have a home in the performing arts. All that we do aims to increase diversity and equality of opportunity in the arts and all the work we make includes D/deaf, disabled and non-disabled people.
In partnership with Cirque Bijou we run Extraordinary Bodies, the UK’s leading integrated professional circus company. Extraordinary Bodies Young Artists (EBYA) is a performance training company for 16-30 year olds, based at Lighthouse Poole.
The team works remotely across the south of the UK, including Bristol, Gloucestershire, Dorset and London. One of our co Artistic Directors, her PA and our Finance Manager are based in Swanage, Dorset; the Artistic Director of EBYA is based in Poole; three of our team are in Bristol and our other Artistic Director is in London. We are committed to flexible and inclusive working practices.
The Social Media Coordinator role is responsible for building Diverse City’s online social media presence across all strands of our work, in line with our current business plan and in collaboration with the wider team. You are all about generating diverse, interactive audiences online. You are the person that creates and delivers engaging text, image and video content on key social media platforms. You fire up lively online communities and compelling conversations. You shout about all of our people, projects and campaigns and turn buzz about our company brand into a movement for change.
The Social Media Coordinator role is responsible for building Diverse City’s online social media presence across all strands of our work, in line with our current business plan. You are all about generating diverse, interactive audiences online. You are the person that creates and delivers engaging text, image and video content on key social media platforms. You fire up lively online communities and compelling conversations. You shout about all of our people, projects and campaigns and turn buzz about our company brand into a movement for change.
Your To Do List
- Develop a social media posting schedule, that makes the most of our media resources and people, bearing in mind web traffic and customer engagement.
- Curate and create engaging text, image and video content that convey our work, our values and key messages.
- Search out and interact with third-party social media content that relate to our key messages.
- Amplify third-party buzz around Diverse City events, performances and people.
- Capture and report back on social media reach/growth/engagement.
- Help us to do our work better – this is the first time we have appointed a Social Media Coordinator, we want you to up our game.
We’d love to meet people who have…
- Proven professional experience with social media.
- Expertise in organising multiple social media platforms.
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Ability to gather and organise creative content (text, image and video).
- Experience of keeping reports and records, knowing how to analyse and improve.
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work to task in an unsupervised, responsible and flexible way.
- Familiarity with remote working systems like Dropbox, Trello and Google Drive.
How to Apply
If you think you are a good fit, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm, Monday 28th May 2018.
- A covering letter (maximum 1 A4 page)
- A recorded statement to camera* (maximum 3 minutes)
And tell us…
- Why you suit the job
- How you will tackle the responsibilities
- How you will approach the to do list
- Your CV (maximum 1 page A4)
- Names and contacts for 2 referees
Diverse City values representation and strives to promote equality and diversity at all levels. We welcome and actively seek applications from those currently underrepresented in our workforce and the arts community; particularly people of colour, and D/deaf and disabled people (as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
We will guarantee an interview to any D/deaf or disabled candidate who fulfills the minimum criteria for the role and we are open to proposals of ways this role might be undertaken if our proposed structure presents barriers to any applicant. If you have any specific access requirements please specify what they are by filling in our online access audit.
If you would like the Job Description in another format or if you need further information, please contact email@example.com or phone Becky on 07952619763.