Diverse City is looking for an Accounts Assistant who’s all about accuracy and efficiency.
The job description is detailed below, or you can download the full job description in a Word Document file here:
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Flexible – home based, with key meetings in Swanage and London.
Working days/Salary: Flexible 2 days per week, £23k pro rata salary.
Pension: Pension scheme enrolment after 3 months continuous employment.
Contract Term: Fixed-term 12 months contract, with option to renew at 9 months.
Application Deadline: Sunday 3rd March 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 11th March 2019, in Swanage.
Start Date: April 2019
You are a positive, optimistic worker who’s all about accuracy and efficiency. You’re someone who is happy to work at a high level of autonomy and you have plenty of patience for systems and processes. You’re adaptable, friendly and happy to respond to a variety of tasks. You’re great at working on your own at home and enjoy co-working alongside colleagues. Your attention to detail is impressive as you work through monthly and quarterly processes and you ask the right questions to make sure the job gets done. Ideally, you have a neat home working environment, lovely computer & whizzy Wi-Fi connection.
You are responsible for supporting the Finance Manager with the day to day running of the Diverse City accounts. You work to keep records up to date and maintain processes so everything ticks over nicely. You don’t mind the occasional pressure of a deadline when reporting for our Board of Trustees or funders is required. You love working in Excel and you’re familiar with digital finance software, (we use Clear Books).
Your To Do List
Finance & Accounts
- Processing of monthly sales/purchase invoices and recharges.
- Monthly bank and control account reconciliations.
- Updating Excel budget models with reports from Clear Books software.
- Reporting on debtors and creditors.
- Financial support for management reporting and budget analysis.
- Ad hoc financial duties.
Polices & Security
- Ensure security protocols are followed.
- Contribute to company team meetings and sprints throughout the year.
Equality Action plan
- Support our vision as expressed in our Equality & Diversity Action Plan.
We’d love to meet people who have…
- Experience in purchase ledger, sales ledger and bank reconciliations.
- Confidence in using a computerised accountancy package and Excel.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Able to work under their own initiative and manage workload.
- Experience of working in a charity would be useful, though not essential.
How to apply
If you think you are a good fit for the role, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 3rd March 2019.
Your application must include:
- Your CV (maximum 1 page A4)
- A statement about yourself and how you fit this job role (maximum 1 page A4)
- Names and contacts for 2 referees
We also ask if you can:
- Complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (this will not be attached to your application).
- Complete an Access Audit so we can arrange for any access requirements.
Equality and Diversity
Diverse City values representation and strives to promote equality and diversity at all levels. We welcome and actively seek applications from those currently underrepresented in our workforce and the arts community; particularly people of colour, and disabled people (as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
We will guarantee an interview to any D/deaf or disabled candidate who fulfils the minimum criteria for the role and we are open to proposals of ways this role might be undertaken if our proposed structure presents barriers to any applicant.
If you have any specific access requirements please tell us what they are in the Access Audit and whether you are registered for an Access to Work grant when you apply.
If you would like the Job Description in another format or if you need further information, please contact email@example.com.