Who are Extraordinary Bodies Young Artists?
Extraordinary Bodies Young Artists (EBYA) is a performance training company for 16-30 year olds based at The Lighthouse in Poole. We meet weekly, training in theatre, dance, aerial circus and music.
EBYA is all about different people from different backgrounds coming together to create and devise their own work and make shows. There are performance opportunities, as well as coaching, mentoring and training with professional artists from the UK and around the world.
We are an ambitious group and we create adventurous work that challenges the barriers many young people face.
EBYA Company 2018
Following auditions in January, we now have a new EBYA company for 2018-2019. We look forward to working with The Point, Eastleigh, Poole Museum, Arts University Bournemouth, Ramps on the Moon and Birmingham Repertory Theatre.
We have recently registered as an Arts Award Centre and 5 EBYA members will be working towards their first Arts Awards this year. Visit our Training page to find out more about Arts Award and how you can also take part.
- 3-day collaboration with Theatre Royal Plymouth
- A week residency in Italy with over 120 young artists from 9 different countries
- Performing at Funky Llama Festival in Plymouth, Roundabout Festival in Poole and Circus City in Bristol
- A week residency at Lighthouse Poole for 30 young people to develop our show Becoming, culminating in a sold-out premier of the show
- Raising over £5,000 through Crowdfunder to take Becoming on tour.
- One EBYA member has been offered an unconditional offer at one of the UK’s top Circus Schools.
- One EBYA alumni was awarded Arts Council England funding to develop his own project.
Our past performances
EBYA have previously performed in Exeter, Unlimited Festival in London, Inside Out Festival in Dorset, and Doing Things Differently in Bristol, as well as performances at Theatre Royal Plymouth and the National Centre for Circus Arts. The company have also travelled for international projects in Bosnia and Portugal with The Complete Freedom of Truth.
Contact Eilís, Artistic Director of EBYA for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org