Who are Extraordinary Bodies Young Artists?
Extraordinary Bodies Young Artists (EBYA) is a performance training company for 16-30 year olds based at The Lighthouse in Poole. We meet weekly, training in theatre, dance, aerial circus and music.
EBYA is all about different people from different backgrounds coming together to create and devise their own work and make shows. There are performance opportunities, as well as coaching, mentoring and training with professional artists from the UK and around the world.
We are an ambitious group and we create adventurous work that challenges the barriers many young people face.
2018 EBYA auditions
We have opened applications for EBYA 2018 auditions.
Deadline for applications is Monday 15th January 2018.
Auditions will take place Saturday 27th January 2018, 11am – 2pm at Lighthouse Poole’s Centre for the Arts.
For more details and to apply for EBYA 2018, visit our Applications page.
- We travelled to Plymouth for a 3-day collaboration with Theatre Royal Plymouth
- One member was supported to create his own 40 minute film, shown to audiences in Bournemouth
- We attended a week residency in Italy with over 120 young artists from 9 different countries
- We performed at Funky Llama Festival in Plymouth, Roundabout Festival in Poole and Circus City international festival in Bristol.
- One EBYA alumni was awarded Arts Council England funding to develop his own project.
- We hosted a week residency at Lighthouse Poole for 30 young people to develop EBYA’s latest show Becoming, culminating in a sold-out premier of the show.
- We raised over £5,000 through Crowdfunder to take Becoming on tour.
- One EBYA member has been offered an unconditional offer at one of the UK’s top Circus Schools.
Our past performances
EBYA have previously performed in Exeter, Unlimited Festival in London, Inside Out Festival in Dorset, and Doing Things Differently in Bristol, as well as performances at Theatre Royal Plymouth and the National Centre for Circus Arts. The company have also travelled for international projects in Bosnia and Portugal with The Complete Freedom of Truth.
Contact Eilís, Artistic Director of EBYA for more information: email@example.com